December 1, 2014

Welcome to my blog!

I suppose the best place to start is at the beginning...

My name is Jeanette Humphries and I was born and raised in a small town in South-Africa.
I'm the fourth child in a household of five (I have no idea how my mother did it!).

Little baby me... giving a double thumbs up with my toes.

My mother was a stay-at-home mom and seamstress all her life and just like me, 
was taught how to sew, crochet and knit by her mother.  
She's also an amazing painter!  I love her to bits... she's the light of my life!

I have been interested in arts and crafts for as long as I can remember.  
You might say it is in the family.
At 16, I started a small card making business and sold my handmade cards
along with hand painted pillows and tablecloths to a local flower shop.  
That is where it all began and I knew then that my lifelong dream 
was to own a craft store!

I discovered Etsy.com in 2010 while selling at a local craft show and
a couple of months later I opened my first online store.  

Today my forte is still selling at craft shows.  
I love the interaction I have with my customers and enjoy 
the smiles that say "I found something I adore!"

I am looking forward to connecting with all my friends,
customers and fans through this blog 
and hope you'll join me for the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment